Sunday, January 3, 2010

Still alive... but very cold!

Moving seemed to really overwhelm me and so I've just kind of been plugging along working on getting organized. Many people ask me about getting the house all decorated, but we're just enjoying having so much space. Until you see where we moved from you can't truly appreciate it. While I hate J & B wrestling - at least now they have the floor space to do it, same for Ben's legos & roller coaster building. I've decided to not worry about getting it perfectly fei shung (or whatever), but to keep it so there is lots of room to just live, be it legos or wrestling or reading. While I absolutely love my kitchen I think the biggest change for me is to have privacy & my own bathroom. I've found some fun furniture at an auction site that auctions off model home furniture. When Mom was here, she went to look at some stuff & talked me into this HUGE dresser. While I don't have photos of the whole house... I do have photos of the dresser & my room (for Lorna & Mom)




Lorna came for a few days (thank goodness!) & unpacked every box in my house. Mom stayed for a few weeks & we all enjoyed having her here to help us pull everything together. The boys enjoyed having someone there to make them a snack when they got home from school. She even tried to teach John to dance...



I know Mom is going to hate this picture, but I love how John is just laughing at the whole situation.


My own bedroom - how sweet the words! :)


View from the closet - with a boy on the bed




The new dresser that I got an amazing deal on



Happy Boy? maybe not...


Ben in the living room - with LOTS of floor space. We absolutely are enjoying all the space.


Beyond that... not a lot going on. Hopefully, I'll be updating this more... lots of ideas about how to document the year of 2010... so we'll see what I end up doing.



3 comments:

Jessi said...

we watch your weather updates... sorry your so cold... don't worry we will soak up some sun for you... though its still only about 40 here. ... hope you can keep warm with all that space! sure is an awesome house! hope you had a great Christmas! Happy new year!

p.s. the kids send their love!

Stefanie said...

I thought of you guys when they showed pictures of snowy weather on Christmas Eve. I love the dresser. Hope you all had a good Christmas. Happy New Year (is it still close enough to say that).

Stacey said...

i LOVE the dresser!! grandma's got great taste! what a great idea... to get old model home furniture. i wish they had something like that here... i'm happy that you guys are so happy in your new home! try to keep warm!