Sunday, January 10, 2010

Picture of the DAy

Last year in the scrapping world - P365 was a big deal. That entailed taking a picture each day that represented your day & the people that accomplished that have all commented on what an amazing record of their year that was. I decided to go ahead & do that this year & will actually use this blog to keep my notes until I can get around to scrapping them. With that... our first 10 days of 2010
Jan 1 - We invited some friends over to play Wii on New Years Eve. As we were playing games & having fun John went to the drawer of CD's & pulled out this CD - cuz they were hippies! We listened for awhile & then our guest said that he didn't know that America sung a specific song. John looked up & said, "America? You mean that's the name of the band?" Oh we all laughed & laughed. He literally thought it was America's (the country) greatest hits.
Jan 2 - Santa brought us a new keyboard this year & Ben has been having a lot of fun learning & experimenting with it.
Jan 3 - Brothers & best friends (depending on the day!)
Jan 4 - Ben was learning about Egypt & made an irrigation system out of Legos.
Jan 5 - John's Science Fair - he made a steam engine

Jan 6 - What John & Ben do best - play computer games.

Jan 7 - One of my many Bullseye dogs at my desk at work. A friend had given this to me for being a 'lifesaver' & helping her with Photoshop.

Jan 8 - Picture to come. A picture of the hospital I spent quality time at. Once again it has appeared that I have anemia & so I had to go in for an Endoscopy to try to figure out why I can't keep all my hemo'goblins' as J & B call them.


Jan 9 - Ben had a fun opportunity to sleep out in an igloo in our Bishop's backyard with the other 11 yr old scouts. It was toasty warm with the new sleeping bag he & John got for Christmas. Was made for winter camping. Good thing - it was -10 that night.

Trust me - it's a cute picture with 9 amazing kids!

Jan 10 - My Primary class. I was released today from being a Primary teacher & Activity Day leader. After being in Primary for so long I will definitely miss all the kids, but will continue to teach until my replacement has been found.

It's been interesting when I originally thought about doing this, I didn't think interesting things occurred on a daily basis. While they aren't all that interesting - they do make up my life & it will be fun to remember.

3 comments:

D said...

Go Girl! I'm so glad you are doing a POTD! I'm doing it too. I find my mind constantly thinking about pictures and the moments that are more unique than I realize. Hopefully, we can encourage each other. I've labeled each picture as POTD, so it will be so easy to find all of my POTD's in one spot when I'm done. You did a great job in primary. I'm sure the girls will miss you. It will be hard to fill your shoes. Hopefully your hebie-gebies or whatever they are called will get worked out-- sorry to hear about your health troubles.

lisaann said...

I love this idea. You always think you'll remember all the little, funny things but you don't if they're not documented.

Stefanie said...

I the a POTD would be alot of fun. It might cure the January dulldrums when every day seems boring and ordinary. I wanted a Wii for Christmas but got outvoted. Maybe this summer, when the temps over 110, my family will reconsider.