Sunday, October 11, 2009

Why I love blogging...

I've neglected my blog lately for other mundane things, like packing boxes, being sick with bronchitis, working etc... but tonight I laughed & laughed & laughed some more. And then I realized that I needed to apologize for my selfish self. What kind of meanie was I back in the day? Was I so insecure that I needed to be a recipe hog? Sadly, after being so hoggish with my chicken marinade recipe (that I got from someone when I worked at the hospital in Provo eons ago) I haven't made it since my days in California.

So... tonight an old roomate found me on Facebook. I'd just been thinking about this person & wondering how she was so I was excited. Then I found that she had a blog - how fun to go back & read about what she has been up to. Sadly, I found mention of myself in this blog & my behaviour was anything but positive. So... in an attempt to clear my name & prove to the world that I can share a recipe I share the post that made me laugh & laugh & laugh. I love blogging as it allows us to see into the personalities of those we meet along the path of life. And so I thank Lisa for providing me with some much needed levity & I hope that she's forgiven me after all these years.

http://lisaann-whatscookingatourhouse.blogspot.com/2009/04/copyrights-and-wrongs.html

4 comments:

lisaann said...

I'm glad that you didn't get annoyed at the blog!!! As I wrote on facebook, I'm just embarrassed to be a thief! Thanks for your forgiveness and sense of humor. By the way, the previous post of your house was great-the kitchen looks wonderful!

D said...

Oh so funny Lynn! I loved your new house by the way. I started a recipe blog by the way. I post new ones every week- but I don't know if any of them can compete with your chicken recipe!

Jessi said...

Yeah! I tried to find you the other day... and could not. turns out that I was spelling your name wrong. Who would have known that Lynn.... has an e on the end? Woops! I am excited for you and your new house! And thank you thank you, thank you again for your kindness toward us... for the bunkbeds and washer and dryer and for the love that you show us, for making us laugh.... (too mushy gushy?) Heck! We love you guys so much! We should get together and play wii bowling.. i am sure your kids are good.. but my kids are up there too! haha. (i am serious though about getting together) ok... this is long.... :-) thanks for blog stalking us

Jessi, DJ, Annica and Eli said...

hey! how are you doing? we miss you and hope all is well!