Saturday, February 14, 2009

It's Valentines Day

And my ever so little contribution to the day of love is a layout for the loves of my life!



You're thinking what a slacker mom huh? No, I also bought each child a heart shaped box of Reese's minatures. Ok, so what if Ben was with me & picked them out. I didn't let them have them until the big day! Beyond that, yes... I got cutesy little valentines at work but John is beyond Valentines (thank goodness!) He did attend the Activity Night at school last night but that basically entailed hanging out with the boys playing Rock Band & drinking pop. Ben chose not to take anything to school - even though I was quite insistent he should. Rather they could take games to school & he was excited to take this finger football game we have. Apparently it was the big winner of all games . Today he was invited to hang out with his church buddy Joey. They are the only 2 boys amongst a class of girls & Joey goes to a different school so that was his fun time today. All in all I didn't contribute to the economy on this Valentines Day.

Now... if you're wondering why I even confess to my pathetic attempts at celebrating a holiday just meander on over to Jodi's blog & you'll see that I'm nowhere close to her level of motherhood. Isn't it a beautiful thing that we are all so unique & different . I think I better get a heads up on St. Patricks Day so I can compete a bit better!

Have a happy day of love!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am totally pleased that you didn't fall into the money pit that entices people to buy cutsie things for Valentine's Day! Good job! I think you are an awesome mom! I didn't buy anything either...and I am thinking the hype over Valentine's Day is due to my girls who love every holiday. Noah takes it all in stride. Boys are nice. :)

Unknown said...

Oh, and I love the page! My kiddos would love to see some progress on their scrapbook pages!