Saturday, January 31, 2009

So the past couple of weeks I've been feeling quite overwhelmed. It just felt like there was so much to do & so I kinda froze & didn't get anything done. Between the layoffs at Target, tons of stuff needing done for Primary & just general kid stuff it was becoming too much. Today I woke up & made a llloooonnnnggg list of all that I needed to do today. I just looked & only crossed off 3 items. My house is still a mess, but I finally figured out a simpler birthday gift for Primary. The original plan had been overwhelming & I needed to simplify. I'm feeling much better tonight even though my list is still long. After getting an e-mail from Jodi of what her kids liked last year (a candy bar from the Bishop) I asked J & B which they preferred. My time-consuming (overwhelming) idea or a candy bar. I'm sure it's no surprise what the answer was & so I decided that even if parents complained (which they seem to do a lot) that was going to be my plan. The primary has a ton of candy left over from some previous activities so I decided rather than a full candy bar they could get a treat bag w/ multiple mini candy bars from the Bishop. Today I made the treat toppers & the certificates to hand out to the kids & immediately I feel better, even though the laundry isn't done & the bathroom still needs cleaned.





These are the treat toppers: These are the certificates.

This is a layout I did of all Ben's school pictures through elementary school - I'm just going to use the same layout but put in John's pictures for his layout. Easy - peasy - that's what I love about digital.

Lest anyone think I spent the entire day on the birthday stuff - I did take the boys sledding for a couple of hours. We had a heat wave today - I'm not sure how warm, but I didn't wear a coat when running errands.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you went with the simple treat! Yours is still pretty fancy though! Love the layout! Love that you went sledding and had some fun!

codyandmeag said...

I think our family alone is keeping Target going. Between diapers, formula and baby food we are doing our part to help the economy.