Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Latest layouts

I thought I'd share my latest layouts ...

This layout was done for a challenge that required a quote or phrase that was uplifting or changed our live somehow & journaling about that - in addition it had to have at least 3 "artsy" parts to it. I'm not artsy, but I liked the end layout - different for me.


This challenge required us to use at least 3 different frames & no pictures. Journaling was optional. Since I love fonts - I went for that angle. I love the colors on this one.



This one is just plain fun! I loved this picture of Paige on Jen's blog so I stole it. This challenge was a 'road block'. Similar to the race it was a challenge only 1 team member had to complete. I did it - the challenge was to take a layout that our team member had done. It then had to be rotated horizontally or vertically & then rotate it 45 degrees. When I start a layout I'm never sure how it's going to go - I'm not a planner, but I love the colors. Of course, the picture is the star...


Other news, we've had a very busy January. It's actually been busier than December. Last night I took Ben to the middle school for the instrument trial. Kids who are interested in Band or Orchestra can come & try the different instruments to see what they like. Ben was initially interested in a trumpet, but after trying everything he ended up with choosing the trombone. It really seemed to be easier for him & he is beyond EXCITED! First thing he said to me this morning was he couldn't wait until 6th grade. I wonder if he'll be as excited when he has to practice every night :)
John registered for 8th grade & he is super excited for his chosen electives. He chose French, Astronomy (school has an observatory & telescope - very cool!), Energy & Power Tech Ed & Study Hall. I convinced him Study Hall would be good to ease the pressure of homework. Plus to make things scary - he will get high school credit for the French class. Ben in middle school - John working on high school credit! Where has my life & the time gone?

2 comments:

JP said...

First, that quote page is amazing and very touching. An excellent quote and means even more with the story behind it.
Second, the page with Paige is to die for! That picture cracks me up too, it was the only shot that was taken that you could see the paint on her face and hands.
And third, when did your boys get sooo old? Tell them to stop! I can picture Ben excited about band and John ready to finally have a say in the classes he can take-science all the way!

Unknown said...

I think the quote you picked suits you perfectly today just as it did then. :)Thanks for sharing the story of where you got it! I am sad I can't see the middle page better! You are an inspiration!