Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Today is a rant...

It's true I probably watch too much news & am addicted to Fox News. (As a side note, Ben can tell you the primetime lineup on Fox News better than Disney or Nick & has been a tad bit worried about Glen Beck coming to Fox from CNN - how will Grandpa handle not having Glen Beck to watch? - Scary I know!) So anyway, last night I watched a couple of news programs & I've decided the world is a confused mess. I know this isn't a news flash to the majority of you, but sometimes one just has to step back & roll their eyes at people.

First, we have Caroline Kennedy wanting to be a Senator. As I watched people defending her & stating that all her philanthropic activities was experience enough - I just wanted Caroline to be able to answer a question in a complete sentence in her interviews she had over the weekend. Now what is confusing to me, is these people defending her are no doubt the same people that criticized Sarah Palin for her lack of experience in the political realm. So, governor of a state vs. philanthropic actitivies & 'you know' a zillion times... am I the only one seeing the problem here?

Then we move on to Pres. Bush - all the Democrats want to know why he isn't getting involved in the MidEast crisis. Hmmm, are these the same people that are frustrated he went into Iraq? I'm sure that if he were involved they would say... "why is he involved?" I'm telling you, you just can't win with these people.

Third, we got to see President elect Obama with his shirt off. Now, one commentator said that was to make him 'real' to us. Please - I don't need the President of the United States to walk around undressed - I prefer seeing him in a position of respect. So, my observation is that Clinton with his pants off & Obama with his shirt off are what the people want, but yet George Bush, who has remained fully clothed, apparently isn't real! Once again, it's a lose, lose situation.

Things that make you go hmmmm....

Perhaps tonight I better stick with HGTV (Home & Garden TV for Mike who needs help with acronyms :) )

Later...

No comments: