Monday, December 22, 2008

John & Ben are now in Indiana - it seems so quiet. Oh... it is quiet! Yesterday I took them down to Madison, WI to meet Brad. Saturday a pretty big snowstorm went through & the wind chill has been down around -20 to -30 degrees. Yesterday we left home around 10 am & before we had even left the Twin Cities metro area we had seen 2 accidents, 7 cars off the road & had been almost hit twice - one car had run a red light & another car swerved into my lane while the driver was texting (I'm sure that's what he was doing!) By this point I was wondering if we were supposed to be getting some sort of message that we shouldn't be doing this. Once we got into Wisconsin it was fine. There were some slick roads, but all was well. I made it home last night around 10:30, with J & B making it back to Indiana by 11:30. Long, long day for all of us. Poor John has a cold & was just plain miserable yesterday. The big winner was one of Ben's Christmas presents that he got early - a personal DVD player. I highly recommend this for entertainment on a drive. Movie of choice - Unaccompanied Minors. Chuckles all around while watching.




1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I'm glad that you made it back safe. I heard that the weather was pretty bad. Merry Christmas.