Wednesday, June 24, 2009

While I don't like pictures of me - I thought this turned out fun!~

While John is gone - something has happened to Ben. He's turned into John - the kid who doesn't spend much time on the computer has spent ALL his time playing Rome Total War. Bad parenting - today when I called him he told me his assasin was killing all the people in Macedonia & Rome. Thankfully, someone came along & took care of his 'assasin' before I got home from work. I'm repenting of my poor parenting tomorrow & he's going on a field trip with the school for a day of bowling & laser tag.

Perhaps I should explain Ben's errant behaviour. This summer J & B are attending Peak Adventures - it's the middle school daycare. The beauty of it is they are signed up to attend only 3 days a week, which saves me $$ & allows them to have 2 days of lazy home time. He is also signed up for the Boys Reading Book Club at the library lest you think they only play computer games :) I think they get tired of me calling them all day when they are home alone, but it gives me peace of mind & I know the neighbors are always there if needed.

Ok - have I justified that I'm not really a bad parent? :) :) :)

4 comments:

couplabz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
couplabz said...

Thank you for your comment. I appreciate it. You also have a nice blog and I left another comment on your post about being released.

D said...

Hi Lynn- Your blog is beautiful. I love the scrapbook pages you've posted and all of your entries! I re-sent the invite to lynneinmn@google.com. If that isn't correct let me know. Dana

Debbie said...

Lynn,
I found you on facebook and clicked over to your blog. When I saw this picture I had to smile. This was the age that I knew these boys! They've sure grown up! I've got a blog now, too if you're interested: dtalbots@blogspot.com.