Friday, May 8, 2009

Mom's Day

Last week a new stake was formed in Minnesota - the St. Cloud Minnesota stake. While it's exciting to watch the church grow it was a funny week for our ward. They used our building for all the goings on associated with the new stake & so our ward was kicked out for the day :) We met with another ward. It was nice to only be 5 minutes from this building as it usually takes us 15 min to get to our regular building (wow! that still sounds so much easier than if I lived in ... oh I don't know. Africa!) Anyway... our Primary is much larger than the ward we were 'visiting' & they were NOT EXCITED about us joining them. I even offered to do everything - 2 Sharing times. ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! They insisted we all meet separately. Well - I'm not big into having Jr. & Sr. together so I opted out for fun... I loves having me some fun in Primary! We made our Mom's Day gifts. I love the internet - in my world all good ideas come from the internet. I'm just good at taking someone else's idea & implementing it. So my idea came from...

So, with the help of my handy dandy printer (see below) I made the following
label - on the outside of the ziploc bag
Poem that described the game to play with M & M's












Each child wrote a letter (drew pictures, scribbled) for their mom. Bag of M & M's & popcorn and papers went into the zip loc bag with the cutesy label on the front. I thought it turned out cute. Kids thought it was fun!

2 comments:

JP said...

Very cute Mother's Day gift. Love that game...what a great activity.

Unknown said...

Very Nice Lynne! Wish I was in your ward! :) I think I'm going to make my kids that game and give it to them on their birthdays...Thank you!