Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bothering Children...

Is that anyone else's favorite pasttime? Is this telling me I need to get a life? So yesterday, John was telling me about one of his teachers & he thinks she must have voted for Obama. I inquired as to why & it took awhile, but he finally reluctantly told me. Apparently they have been studying about Biomes (whatever!) and began talking about drilling for oil in Alaska. This would be a BAD thing. Why, you ask? Because it would most certainly destroy the flowers & special grass that only can grow in Alaska. I'm sure John could explain this better, but after I stopped laughing so hard I then enquired if that perhaps I was the one lacking common sense & the rest of the world had it! What is common sense? Is saving the grass & flowers in Alaska more important than heating my house? I'm so confused!!! So... if anyone has ideas on what exactly is common sense & who has it, please let me know.

As for the bothering children thing, I just asked him about it & I could hear his eyes rolling around while we were on the phone. It's an amazing thing to "hear" someone's eyes rolling around. :)

1 comment:

codyandmeag said...

Apparently our priorities are a little skewed. Public school teachers are usually the biggest proponents of "saving the whales" and now, Alaska.